Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) together with the district office encourage people and all sectors to participate from the COVID-19 epidemic that resulted in a large amount of infectious waste from households. Therefore, we have set up a place to set up or dispose of infectious waste, especially masks to destroy in the infectious waste disposal process to reduce the risk of the spread of COVID-19.
BMA asking people for cooperation in separating waste and choosing the right type of trash for a better environment. Each type of waste that should be known are as follows:
Type of garbage
1. Biodegradable waste or organic waste such as food scraps, leaves, rotten fruits and vegetables. It can be used to make fertilizer or produce different types of energy.
2. Recycling waste, or dry waste, is difficult to decompose waste such as glass, paper, metal, can be recycled to produce a new product again.
3. Hazardous waste is waste that is composed or contaminated with various types of hazardous substances such as toxic substances, radioactive material such as light bulbs, batteries, aerosol cans, etc. should be disposed of properly. To prevent toxic substances from leaking into water sources or ground.
4. General waste is other types of waste that not worth to reuse, such as plastic bags, candy envelopes, foam boxes, etc.
5. Infectious waste is waste that comes from hospitals or people who are sick, such as equipment that comes into contact with the patient’s body, urine, feces and other bodily fluids.
Sorting waste according to the color of the trash
1. Green trash used for perishable waste and can be composted to make fertilizer, such as vegetables, fruits, food scraps, leaves, etc.
2. Yellow trash used for recyclable waste or functional solid waste such as glass, paper, plastic, metal, etc.
3. Orange trash used for waste that is harmful to the environment, such as fluorescent lamps, medicine bottles, batteries, spray paint cans insecticide cans. Things that contain various hazardous substances, etc.
4. Blue Trash used for general waste that not put in the trash of other colors. And non-toxic or not worth recycling waste, such as candy wrappers. Instant noodle sachets, plastic bags, foam boxes and food-stained foils, etc.
5. Orange trash with a mask symbol, used for disposing of used masks, gloves or toilet paper, etc.