(14 June 2021) At Rattanakosin Room, Bangkok City Hall: The BMA Communicable Diseases Committee Meeting No. 16/2021 resolved to approve the relaxation of measures for the operation of businesses and activities in the area of Bangkok Metropolis to help drive forward economy. As the pandemic situation is now under control and a considerable number of people have been vaccinated especially people working in 5 types of business establishments; therefore, the BMA Communicable Diseases Committee resolved to have relaxation of measures as follows:
- Museums, national museums, local museums and those similar museums, historical sites, and ancient monuments can be opened with strict social measures;
- Public parks and botanic gardens can be opened but these venues are not allowed for other recreational activities except walking and running;
- Medical clinics for beauty service can be opened with disease prevention measures with close attention by doctors;
- Health-related establishments (only health spa business and health massage business) can be opened and only foot massage is allowed; and
- Manicure and pedicure shops and premises for tattooing or piercing of skin or any parts of the body can be opened. However, everyone must always wear sanitary face mask and tattooing on the face are not allowed.
This shall take effect from June 14, 2021 onwards. Other business establishments or premises shall remain closed until June 30, 2021.