Green Bangkok 2030 is a project for sustainable urban development powered by Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) and related organizations. Under the concept of adding green public spaces in Bangkok thoroughly and setting goals for long-term action until 2030, the goals of the project as follows:
- Increase the ratio of green area to the population to 10 square meters/person.
- There is a public area accessible to the public within a walking distance of 400 meters or 5 minutes, more than 50 percent of the Bangkok area.
- Build urban tree canopy per city area to increase to 30 percent of Bangkok area.
At present, there are 3 gardens in the renovated project, including of Piya Phirom Park (10 Rai), Santiporn Park (2.5 rai), and Wana Phirom Romklao Park (30 Rai).
In the year 2021-2022, there will be a further project in 9 gardens spread across Bangkok :
1. Bang Khun Thian Park, Bang Khun Thian District, area 37 Rai
2. From the mountain to the sea In the Queen Sirikit Park, Chatuchak District, area 26 Rai
3. Park in front of Soi Wat Hua Lamphong, Bang Rak District, area 0.5 Rai
4. Kanchanaphisek Road Park – Phutthamonthon Sai 2 Road, Thawi Watthana District, area 35 Rai
5. Ekkamai Forest Park, Wattana District, area 5.6 Rai
6. Park on Phutthamonthon Sai 3 Road, Thawi Watthana District, area 25 Rai
7. On Nut Ecological Forest Park, Prawet District, Phase 1, area 18 Rai
8. Nong Khaem Ecological Forest Park, Nong Khaem District, area 14 Rai
9. Community Park, Soi Vibhavadi 18, Chatuchak District, area 2 Rai
Being green city requires cooperation from all organization and people to participate in activities to create a learning process and realize the importance of green spaces If people have unused land, can hand over the land to Bangkok to utilize through this project to jointly develop Bangkok to the green city and people have a sustainable good quality of life.